The Grace Development Program is a 9-month study designed to grow one’s knowledge of God and His Word, a love for the gospel, and faithfulness in following the teachings and commands of Jesus.
With an aim toward ‘living out’ right theology, the curriculum and structure of the course will focus on three core competencies for each student: Sound Doctrine, Knowledge of God’s Word, and Christian Formation.
- Pursue a love for sound doctrine (Acts 17:11)
- Clearly articulate biblical theology to one’s self and to others in a loving manner (1 Pet. 3:15; 2 Tim. 2:2)
- Apply biblical doctrine and the Word of God to the whole person (identity, relationships, faithful living)
Knowledge of God’s Word
- Clearly understand and articulate the metanarrative, or overarching, Story of Scripture (Creation, Fall, Redemption, Restoration) and articulate how it affects Biblical interpretation.
- Understand the development and arrangement of Scripture, including key themes or passages for each book of the Bible.
- Apply God’s Word in a pursuit of holiness (2 Tim. 3:16).
- Comfortably articulate the Gospel using Scripture (Rom. 10:17)
- Memorize significant passages of Scripture.
The Christian Life
- Read the Bible daily and correctly interpret and apply it to your life.
- Establish a healthy rhythm of spiritual disciplines (bible intake, prayer, confession, repentance, fasting, scripture memorization, worship, evangelism, service, stewardship / generosity, and fellowship) to pursue growth in doctrine, character, and mission.
- Demonstrate faithfulness through serving in the local church and being on mission in the city.
- Pursue holiness alongside others (Heb. 12:1-2).
- Increase understanding and practice of faithfulness to the teachings and commands of Jesus (Matt. 28:19-20).
When it will meet: Beginning September 16th and continuing weekly, 3pm - 5pm.
Curriculum: Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem. Please purchase on your own before class begins.
Practices: Each week will consist of doctrinal, Biblical, or practical instruction for 45-60 minutes and will conclude with 45-60 minutes set aside for discussion of personal and practical application within assigned cohorts. The aim of the Development Course is to grow in depth of our knowledge of God and His Word while seeking always to apply that knowledge to the Christian life.
Click here for a copy of the full schedule and syllabus: Program Syllabus
For more information, or to sign up, please contact Pastor Chris Boggus.