We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). The Holy Spirit transforms our hearts that we might live generously in accordance with the many Scriptural reasons and commands for giving. Giving is absolutely essential to following Christ. When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to Christ's image as an unselfish giver.
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
Ways to give
Remember, in order to receive the appropriate documentation you need for tax purposes your name and address must be clearly identifiable on your check.